:: CITIZENS ON PATROL (C.O.P.) ::
The Calimesa Citizens on Patrol (C.O.P.) is a trained and dedicated city organization comprised of volunteers from our community who "want to make a difference". The Calimesa Citizens on Patrol, founded in 1994, started with six founding members and is now 23 members strong. Our members range in age from 55 years old to 86 years old and are affectionately known as the "eyes and ears" of the city. The Calimesa Citizens on Patrol provides daily patrols throughout the city in collaboration with the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, who provides contract police services to the City of Calimesa. Sheriff’s Community Service Officer Ron Dortch is the liaison for the organization and provides training and resources for the organization. Each member receives extensive patrol related training, and upon successful completion of the C.O.P. Course is sworn in as a State of California, Disaster Services Worker.
· Patrolling our community
· Assisting with Traffic Control
· Assisting deputies as needed
· Residential Vacation Checks
· Assisting with community programs and events
· Disaster and Critical Incident Response
· Supporting City Functions as needed
· Assisting in administering the "You Are Not Alone"
For information about membership in C.O.P., or the community services provided by C.O.P., contact:
Jean Bules – Commander
Citizens on Patrol Office (909) 795-0054
Ron Dortch, Community Service Officer
Cabazon Sheriff Substation
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY?
Member qualifications are:
· Must be 18 years old, or older
· Good Moral Character
· Good Driving Record
· No Felony Convictions
· U.S. Citizenship
· Complete Pre-member ride-a-long with C.O.P.
· Complete Pre-member ride-a-long with a deputy
· Attend monthly meeting
· Patrol a minimum of 16 hours a month
· Pass Citizens on Patrol Class
· Pass a background check
· Proof of valid driver’s license
· Proof of automobile and health insurance
Please comment on the service you received from the Citizens On Patrol by completing our Customer Comment Form. Your input is valuable and appreciated.
City of Calimesa, 908 Park Avenue, Calimesa, CA 92320 · 909.795.9801 · Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Copyright 2007 Calimesa. All Right Reserved.