Business Licenses

Any person conducting business within the City must have a valid business license issued by the City of Calimesa. 

Doing business in the City is defined as being located in or entering into the City to conduct business with the intent of being paid. This includes businesses based in other cities that enter Calimesa as part of their work such as contractors and delivery companies. It also includes businesses that are located here, but may not have customers in Calimesa. Having a presence, even temporarily, in Calimesa requires a business license. All fees are due at the time of application submittal; fees are not contingent upon approval.

Business License Change Form

If you already have a City of Calimesa business license but you need to make a change to the business name, owner name, and/or address, download the Business License Change Form (PDF).

Types of Licenses

  1. Out of Town License
  2. Home Occupation Licenses
  3. Certificate of Occupancy Licenses
  4. Sidewalk Vending
  5. Food Truck Business License

Out of Town Licenses are required for all businesses located outside of Calimesa that conduct business within City Limits. Such as, but not limited to: 

  • Virtual Office
  • Contractor
  • Mobile Vendor

Download the Out of Town Business Licenses Packet (PDF). The appropriate fees are listed on page two of the packet.

Additional Business Information

Please contact the DSLE to find out what additional licensing and registration requirements might apply to your business.